Wednesday, January 13, 2010

BIG NEWS!


Hello friends! I am so excited to announce a really cool benefit going on in my shop today through friday.

I love how December is so full of the spirit of giving. The feelings I had this season have helped me to make a goal in 2010 to give more: of myself, of my time, of my talents, and my resources. My first opportunity starts today! January 14th is my nephew, Jonathan's 10th birthday. He was diagnosed 8 years ago with Autism, and that diagnosis has drastically changed the life of my sister and all the rest of our family - in so many ways.
Every Christmas and birthday I struggle with what to get him that he will really enjoy.Since buying gifts for Jonathan is so difficult, this year for his birthday I am having an Autism Awareness benefit sale in my shop. The shop is loaded up, and from today, January 13th through Friday the 15th, I will donate 100% of the proceeds to Autism Speaks. I figure the best gift I can give him (and his family) is a chunk of change to help solve the puzzle that is autism.
Here is where I need your help. I would love to shout it from the rooftops, but my corner of the blogosphere is only so big. If you are willing to post about the benefit and the opportunity to help out my nephew and millions of others (the statistic is now 1 in 70 boys are diagnosed with autism in the U.S.) I would greatly appreciate it.
Here are the details:
  • 100 % of the proceeds for the 13th, 14th, and 15th will go to Austim Speaks
  • For every $10 you spend in the shop, you will be entered to win $40 towards a purchase at Allora Handmade ( So, if you spend $50, that's 5 entries).
  • I will not be taking custom orders during the benefit so as to get purchases out the door as soon as possible.
I think that's all. If you have any questions, please let me know. It means so much to me to be able to use my time and talents to be able to give back to a cause that is so close to my heart. Happy shopping!

2 comments:

*Jess* said...

My son, Jayce, has autism as well, so I really applaud you for doing this :) Awareness does need to be increased! I was wondering if your nephew had a local autism society that could also benefit?

Tempest Ahoy said...

I had to share on FB. Hopefully some of my friends will head on over and buy something from you. I know people with Autism and think this is a great thing you are doing.

Post a Comment

whaddayathink?