Sunday, January 17, 2010

words cannot express...

how incredibly grateful and overwhelmed I have been since early wednesday morning. my heart and my tearducts have been overflowing. when i decided to host a benefit for jonathan's birthday, i had no idea what i was in for. so much love, generosity, and support has been poured out in our direction that i am simply in awe. thank you.

thank you for making this week one of the best i have ever had.
thank you for helping little insignificant me do something truly amazing.
thank you for taking on a cause that may not impact your life daily, but certainly impacts the lives of those closest to me.
thank you for your friendship and for your encouragement.

when i started allora handmade, i had no idea what a blessing it would be and i am so thankful for the opportunity to give in a way that was otherwise impossible.

do you want to hear what we did this week? drumroll please....





with your help, we raised over $1300 for Autism Speaks.
can you believe it? i know. AWESOME.

my sister has been in tears. what a blessing for her to feel supported through you in one of the biggest challenges she has ever had to face. and though J may not know of your willingness to contribute to a cause that will affect his life, his family will. so, thank you.

i can't think of a better way to start off the year. i feel as though my heart has been changed, and my mind has been opened to the possibilities that are out there as long as i am up for the challenge. i hope that 2010 will be a year of change and growth and giving. i know that it will be an amazing year if i can learn to look outward instead of inward and give more of myself, my time, and my talents.

thank you. thank you. thank you for making that possible. those words just don't do it justice!!


3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow! I am so glad the benefit sale went so well. Thank you for being so generous. I had the easy job of buying something for myself and being able to give to a great cause at the same time.

Fabulocity in Amish Country said...

This is amazing!! I'm so glad that you had a chance to raise this much money for something that's so important to you personally and to the world!

Lannae Johnson said...

I'm so excited to receive my new things and to have contributed to such a special cause. I had a fit over your things when I found them on Etsy and look forward to being a repeat customer!

Post a Comment

whaddayathink?