Thursday, December 16, 2010

they say...

they say necessity is the mother of invention.
(right? isn't that what they say?)
for a while now i've been trying to figure out how to organize my necklaces. not my allora necklaces (that's another post altogether) but my OTHER necklaces. you might be surprised to know that when i don't have roses hanging from my neck, i wear a pretty simple jewelry. (though that's usually because i have roses on my ears, in my hair, or on my wrist!)
anyhow, where was i? oh, yes...
while i was cleaning my house last week (which had been SORELY neglected in the madness that was november and early december), i decided it was time to figure something out. i thought i wanted to put a frame on the wall and pin each necklace up a la lindsey (isn't it soo pretty?!) but when i found out the wall i wanted to use was solid cement, it opted out of some serious labor (meaning tools involved) and holes in the wall.
and then, it came to me.
we've had this "tree" hanging in the corner of our room for awhile- and suddenly it looked like a perfect jewelry rack to me.
so, i started hanging
this beauty is from local artists tom design


a lot of my silver comes from sweet lisa

 and i love the way it turned out:


the branch is from a dead tree at our last house and it is suspended by some hooks in the ceiling. adds a little whimsy to an otherwise REALLY boring bedroom. (we've lived here a year, and i still haven't decorated the bedroom!) and now, it's totally functional! love that.

how do YOU display/organize your necklaces?

5 comments:

Bekka said...

This is so clever!

ragamuffinbeauties said...

I wanna tree growing out of my wall! And I want your mad skills, your creativity is inspiring!

Unknown said...

i've been tempted lately to buy a bunch of those clear 3M removable hooks and hang necklaces from them (they'd look like they were floating there, no?)...haven't convinced hubs that it's worth the investment though - i kind of have a lot of necklaces :)

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

It looks so great coming out of your wall! My personal jewelry is in this awesome, aqua jewelry box from the 50's that I got at an antique fair a couple of years ago. Often times for boutiques I'll grab a couple big branches from one of our birch trees, put them in an oasis form and then some funky vase and hang the necklaces I'm selling off of them. Always gets lots of compliments and draws people in :)

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

That is J's idea of heaven right there.....can you imagine the fun he would have?

Post a Comment

whaddayathink?