Wednesday, December 22, 2010

wish list wednesdays: my grown up christmas list

Rescue of the Lost Lamb by Minerva Teichert
lately i've been thinking about my "grown-up" christmas list (thank you amy grant.)
so often i find myself wishing away all the hard things in life. wishing things were different, wishing life was easier. wishing we could be done with school, wishing we lived closer to family, wishing i could spend all day everyday with my kids.
wishing, wishing, wishing.
but when it comes down to it, i do not want to wish my life away.
what if the hard things were all gone? would i be who i am today? would i be courageous enough to start my own business? would i be strong enough to fight through doubts and doubters? would i be confident enough to set goals and actually achieve them? 
i believe in Christmas. 
and i believe in Christmas because i believe in Christ. and if i believe in Christ, i believe that He heals all wounds. all heartaches. all sorrows. all pain. i believe that He knows me and all that i feel and long for. i believe that He has great things in store for me.
instead of wishing away the things that make our lives hard, this year, i wish for more faith. faith that He knows what He is doing with me. faith that His plan is better for me than mine. faith that in the end, everything will be ok. not just ok, in fact. everything will be PERFECT.
i wish for faith enough to trust. faith enough to be bold. faith enough to stand. faith enough to not be afraid. faith enough to LIVE and not just pass the time. faith enough to make a difference.
i hope this season we can take the time to step away from the gifts and glitter to celebrate the Greatest Gift: the birth of Him who gives us hope in all things.



8 comments:

shauna said...

This is a beautiful post, and so true. It's funny how after you come through a hard time of course you wouldn't have chosen to go through it, but you learn about yourself, and you meet God in such a special way that you can be thankful for what has happened. Faith really makes all the difference. Thanks for the reminder :)

HB, The Impulsive Minimalist said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

cheril said...

Beautifully said!

Christa said...

This is perfect timing for me to read. Such encouraging words that remind me to trust that God always knows what He is doing. Thank you for sharing and I hope that you have a Merry Christmas!

April Kennedy said...

Love this outlook on life, Jess! Can't wait to spend a blissful week with you in January. Merry Christmas.

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

What a beautiful post!

danielle @ take heart said...

thanks again for letting me share my little wish list :) and thank you for reminding us of the greatest gift of all. merry christmas!!

Heidi said...

beautiful. perfectly said.

Post a Comment

whaddayathink?